NATIONAL GET OUTDOORS DAY IS June 13, 2015
Support the Cause
National Get Outdoors Day is an annual event to encourage healthy, active outdoor fun. Partners offer opportunities to experience traditional and non-traditional types of outdoor activities. Prime goals of the day are reaching first-time visitors to public lands and reconnecting youth to the great outdoors.
SEND US YOUR PICS
Have a photo of you taking full advantage of GO Day, send it to us! We want to see what you're up to.
Get Outside and Enjoy a Park...
perhaps one of ours!
Using census data from ESRI and our own GIS capabilities, we looked at 118 park locations designed by Design Concepts and found:
- 303,174 people live within a 15-minute walk to a park
- 1,264,323 potential users live within 1 mile
That means that right now, 303,174 people can walk out their door and within 15 minutes they can be enjoying fresh air, exercise, and interaction with their neighbors at a park that we had a hand in providing. That’s the value of what we do.
Winter Park, CO
Located in the town center of Winter Park, Hideaway Park was designed to reflect the character of Winter Park, as well as to further develop the community's main winter sledding hill and summer amphitheater event space. The following list is a sampling of events in the park this summer.
- Odell Brewing Concert Series in the Park
- High-Note Thursdays
- Rendezvous Mountain Bike Capital USA Weekend
- Winter Park Jazz Festival
- Blues from the Top Festival
- Annual SolShine Festival
- Winter Park Music Festival
- Winter Park Uncorked
- Fitness in the Park
- Winter Park Beer Festival
- Lance Gutersohn's 4th of July Celebration