From Gestural Concepts to Easter Eggs, special features at Inspiration Playground have many Behind the Design stories to tell, and we’re gonna tell them all!
A Plethora of Special Features
There’s no shortage of fun design features for this extra-special inclusive playground. Inspiration Playground’s custom features have a life in the making with a conceptual process spanning five phases of implementation and creation:
- First comes the idea.
- Second comes the client’s approval.
- Third comes the final design and detailing.
- Fourth comes fabrication.
- Fifth comes installation.
- Finally comes play time!
Some of the Behind the Design (BTD) stories revolve around the seriously talented team for the sculptural climbing features. These collaborations are reinventing outdated playgrounds and shaping them into dynamic, interactive and fantastical playworlds. The two firms of Design Concepts and ID Sculpture have worked together for years, changing the face of traditional playgrounds.
At Inspiration Playground in Bellevue, Washington, this teaming is creating a playground full of life, both real and sculptural. With ID Sculpture’s collaborative brilliance in craftsmanship, artistic imagination, and cutting edge technologies, they’re using innovation and imagination in new ways.
Currently under construction, Inspiration Playground is a story worth sharing. We’re documenting and telling how things take shape on paper, and literally, on site. Stay tuned . . . more BTD stories to come about Inspiration Playground’s special features:
Step-by-Step Process: From Gestural Concepts to Easter Eggs
- A Design Process From No. 2 Pencil to Haptic Sculpting
- Art in Stone
- It’s in the Details: Art, Craftsmanship, Design Fidelity, Textural Nuances and More
- Big Grand Themes
- Technologies Make Features Reasonable Realities
- Creativity Across Many Mediums
- The Making of a Wisdom Tre