Design Concepts: Irrigation Design
At Design Concepts, water conservation is an integral part of every aspect of irrigation design, from the evaluation of existing systems to new system design. We pride ourselves on designing irrigation systems that are efficient, sustainable, and cost effective.
Our staff includes experienced irrigation designers. Irrigation systems have been designed for parks and recreation sites, school campuses, sports complexes, streetscapes and commercial sites. The systems are efficient and practical, with unique characteristics of each site taken into consideration such as the location, size, quality of the water source and available water pressure. Environmental conditions such as wind and climate conditions are also considered by our design professionals to determine the highest rate of efficiency in sprinkler selection, spacing, and number of zones required for a given site.
One of our accomplishments has been working with the Boulder Valley School District to assist them in selecting a central control system and then implementing that system district-wide, which included over 65 school sites. The district selected the central control system in 2007 as part of a bond issue, and installation continues as the bond projects are implemented. As of now, over two-thirds of the sites are up and running.
A partial list of recent projects with irrigation design components is listed below. A more extensive list can be provided upon request.
- Bayou Gulch Regional Park - Douglas County, CO
- Bear Creek Park Renovation - Denver, CO
- Bison Park - Castle Rock, CO
- Centennial Park - Rifle, CO
- Discovery Park - Wheat Ridge, CO
- Elk Ridge - Castle Pines, CO Erie
- Community Park - Erie, CO Louisville
- Community Park - Louisville, CO
- Loveland Sports Park - Loveland, CO
- Swansea Park - Denver, CO
- Utah Park -Aurora, CO
- Aurora Hills Middle School Aurora P-8 & High School
- Boulder Valley Schools: Casey Middle School, Manhattan Middle School, Platt Middle School, Louisville Middle School, Lafayette Elementary
- Douglas County Prototype Schools
- Frederick High School #8
- St. Vrain Elementaries #18-25
- St. Vrain Middle Schools #5, 6 & 7